My teaching deals with a variety of topics in interactional linguistics, general linguistics and French linguistics. They also concern audiences at all levels, from graduate to post-graduate.
Here is a selection of courses thought in positions held in Switzerland and France, as well as invited professor in international universities:
Introduction to French Linguistics, Introduction to General LInguistics, Syntax and pragmatics of spoken French, Referential processes and topic management in interaction, Space descriptions in written and spoken discourse, Pragmatics, Contributions of the study of language to the urban studies, Sociolinguistics, Qualitative Methods in the Social Sciences, Second language acquisition in interaction, Code-switching and plurilingual talk
Interactional Linguistics, Introduction to Conversation Analysis, Advanced seminar in Conversation Analysis, Multimodality and video analysis, Corpora of spoken data: transcription and annotation, Analysis of scientific practices: texts and social interactions.
PhD Doctoral Schools Summer Schools
- Various modules for the Swiss Doctoral School (on fieldwork and qualitative methods for the social sciences, social interaction, multimodality, etc.) from 1999 to present.
- Various workshops for advanced students in Lyon from 2001 to present.
- Summer School CONTACI (2007), I_DOCORA (2008), TRANAL_I (2009), I_SEQUENCE (2012) on spoken language corpora and interactional linguistics, with V. Traverso (1 week each year).
- Spring School of the DYLAN European Project (on qualitative methodologies), with M. Krzyzanowski (U. Lancaster), Lyon, April 2008.
- Faculty of the master course “Multimodalidad y interacción”, Univ. Puebla, february 2008.
- Faculty of the “PPlace Me Workshop”, Stockholm, May 10-12, 2007 (day 1: “video recording”, Day 2: “Transcribing”, Day 3: “Analyzing data”) Faculty member of the Summer School “Language, Participation and Learning“, Univ. of Odense (org. J. Wagner), June 2006.
- Faculty of the doctoral course “Analisi de dades interactives”, Univ. Autonoma Barcelona, Feb. 2006.
- Advanced yearly seminars on video analysis at EHESS, Paris, with B. Bonu and M. Relieu, from 2003 to 2005.
- Faculty of the curso de Maestría y Doctorado en Ciencias del Lenguaje sobre "Análisis del habla en interacción : introducción al análisis conversacional", ENAH, Mexico, Sept.. 2003.
- Faculty member and plenary speaker at the Uppsala NorFa Doctoral School on “Descriptive practices in talk-in-interaction”, January 2003.
- Faculty of the doctoral course on methodologies for the analysis of social practices, Dep. of Sociology, Univ. Toulouse-le-Mirail, march 2000.